Our Intellectual Property (IP) Director will be responsible for managing global IP portfolio, including patents, copyrights, trade secrets and know- how.
The successful candidate will lead the IP strategy and be responsible for the following:
• Directly manage an internal team of IP professionals, and provide substantive leadership to additional in-house staff as IP issues arise in their areas of responsibility
• Manage a global network of external counsel providing IP advice and support to the Company
• Work with Company’s most senior technologists to identify, prioritize and develop the Company’s existing and future IP assets
• Proactively engage with business Clients to optimize IP positioning relative to key product and service roadmaps
• Negotiate key inbound patent license and technology agreements
• Identify, develop and manage outbound licensing opportunities
• Support the enforcement of IP rights against, and the Company’s defense against any infringement claims of third parties
• Oversee patent infringement analyses
• Evaluate and advise on IP risks and opportunities in M&A transactions and other strategic initiatives
• Participate in the Senior Leadership Team
This role will report to Company’s SVP and CLO and, will work closely with other attorneys and key business executives around the world, to determine both current and future opportunities to optimize IP positioning.
TECHNICAL PROFILE //
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in B.A or Finances, Juris Doctor degree or LLM (Master of Law)
• 10+ years IP management experience in global operating Companies, including responsibility for IP strategy, patent portfolio management and operations, IP counseling, and IP licensing and litigation
• Knowledge of, and experience with the evolving industrial landscapes
• Highly-developed analytical, communications, collaboration and leadership skills
• Creative, “out-of-the-box” thinker
• Ability to effectively manage geographically-distributed teams
• Active network within the global IP community
• Ability to travel regularly, globally
• BU Director with IP roles and experience, in Western-headquartered Companies and/or Law Firms
1 Intellectual Property Director
An International key actor from the Construction Sector.
France (headquarters are based in Paris) with reasonable international travels .
Attractive remuneration and package, in proportion to the role.
Excellent French and English skills, both written and verbal, are mandatory. Other languages are a plus.
As of now, the role can be started as a Transition Management position and, then, converted into permanent position.
Full time job, 5 days / week.
Thanks to forward us a Word document including your COVER LETTER and your updated RESUME (in FRENCH), respecting the requested TEMPLATE 2 application format from our website, mentioning the 435 reference.
Please send a unique / central file.
Only complete applications, strictly answering to the expected criteria, will be addressed.
If no answer was given to you after a period of 10 days, please consider your application as not selected.
If this role isn't right for you, don't forget to forward it to your own network - it may be perfect for someone else!
VÉA Sourcing helps you to recruit your Project Managers, Experts, Management Consultants, Interim and Transition Managers, worldwide.